Angela Epolito Sprecher
Angela Epolito Sprecher counsels clients in the highly regulated healthcare industry. She frequently advises clients on a wide range of complex business transactions, regulatory compliance, and general corporate matters. Ms. Sprecher has significant experience advising clients with respect to HIPAA, health information technology contracting and clinical trial agreements. She is also knowledgeable with respect to Michigan insurance regulatory and payor matters.
- Counsels healthcare providers on various federal and state regulatory matters, compliance planning and implementation
- Advises clients regarding the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and the HITECH Act, including addressing potential breach notification incidents, negotiating HIPAA business associate agreements and drafting policies and procedures
- Counsels clients on legal issues related to e-health initiatives and represents clients in transactions involving information technology
- Counsels clients in Michigan insurance regulatory matters, including day-to-day compliance with Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services’ regulations and drafting applications for Certificates of Authority and various other regulatory approvals
- Reviews and negotiates clinical trial and related research agreements
- Experienced in representing a variety of health care and insurance clients in start-up and organizational matters