About Deborah Williamson
Deborah Williamson is a health law attorney with over 20 years of experience representing health care businesses and professionals in all aspects of health law.
Deborah's Clients Include:
- Psychologists and other health care professionals in licensing cases, contract review and negotiation, and regulatory compliance.
- Physicians and physician groups in compliance programs and voluntary self-disclosures, business transactions, HIPAA breaches and compliance, and Stark and other regulatory analysis.
- Providers and suppliers of all types in Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC), Blue Cross, and private insurance audits and appeals.
- Hospitals in Clinical Trial Agreements; Stark analysis and opinions; and compliance with and interpretation of Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, and other payor rules and regulations.
- Health plans in negotiating Pharmacy Benefit Management, Affiliation, and Vendor Agreements; drafting and advising on Medicare Advantage, Exchange, and Commercial payment policies; and advising on rebate and other arrangements with pharmaceutical companies.
Examples of How Deborah Advises:
- Deborah assists Covered Entities and Business Associates with HIPAA and HITECH compliance by: responding to OCR complaints; analysis of breaches and notifying patients and DHHS of breaches; drafting policies, procedures, and forms required by the Privacy and Security rules; drafting and negotiating Business Associate agreements; and conducting HIPAA compliance audits and training.
- She advises health care providers and suppliers on compliance with Stark and the Anti-Kickback Statute, including advice regarding self-disclosures under the Stark Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol and the OIG’s Provider Self-Disclosure Protocol, and analysis of a variety of arrangements under Stark ownership and compensation exceptions, and Anti-Kickback Statute exceptions and safe harbors.
- Deborah consults with and assists business & transactional, employment, litigation, criminal defense, and other attorneys on health care regulatory and compliance issues impacting their representation of health care industry clients. (She offers guidance in a variety of matters, including: Entity Formation; Mergers, Acquisitions, and Sales; Joint Ventures; Stark and Fraud & Abuse Opinions; Contracts; Health Care Fraud; and Licensing Defense.)
Contract & Policy Support Deborah Offers:
- Deborah has experience preparing, negotiating, and advising on health care contracts, including employment and independent contractor agreements, management agreements, billing services agreements, equipment and space lease agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, clinical trial agreements, and medical records custody agreements.
- Deborah strives to be proactive with her clients by advising on the implementation of compliance programs, and promoting compliance audits.
- Deborah advises on and drafts policies in a variety of regulatory and compliance areas, including HIPAA and billling and reimbursement rules.